The Specialist is a 5” 1911 chambered in .45 ACP that is full of features to satisfy an officer’s special needs.
Starting at the top, the slide wears our popular Clark Style serrated rib and like all of our guns with night sights, the Specialist wears dual-colored Tritium night sights. The rear sight is our new tactical ledge rear sight with single amber tritium dot and the front utilizes a green lamp with white target ring.
The forged slide is mated to our new forged tactical rail frame. The frame utilizes the standard 1913 picatinny rail and features 25 LPI front strap checkering, undercut trigger guard and a recessed slide stop for use with laser grips (not included) and tactical operations. Each Specialist comes standard with our ambidextrous thumb safety, extended magazine release and a detachable two-piece magwell. This duty-ready piece comes dressed with a set of awesome G10 VZ Operator II grips and two 8 round magazines with bump pads.
The Specialist is available in either a matte stainless finish or our matte black Duty finish.
We think this pistol would not only be perfect for duty and tactical purposes but for home defense as well. Check out the Specialist and see if it fits the bill for your needs.
- Category : Pistols
- Type : Pistol
- Action : Single/Double
- Caliber : 45 Automatic Colt Pistol (ACP)
- Barrel Length : 5.0"
- Capacity : 8+1
- Safety : Ambidextrous Thumb
- Grips : VZ Operator II G10 Brown
- Sights : Tritium Night
- Weight : 38.4 oz
- Frame Finish : Black
I have owned several 1911 pistols. And so far this Dan Wesson Specialist has been the best. I have had the Springfield TRP and the Smith & Wesson E series. And I can honestly say that the quality of this gun is far better than both. You can see things that Dan Wesson took extra time on, such as the tapering of the guide rod. Where the Springfield and Smith did not have this done. And in the Springfield's case it needed to be sent back because of it gouging the barrel link. I can give many more reasons the Dan Wesson is better such as the finish! But I just encourage to give the gun a try. Great gun!
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.