High security is fine; high maintenance isn't.
Enter the Mossberg® 500® and 590® Persuader® shotguns -- the pump-action shotguns you can count on for your security needs. They have the credentials and track record to prove it. In their commercial form, the Persuaders are virtual duplicates of the proven Mossberg® military 500® and 590® models -- the only pump-action shotguns ever to pass all stringent U. S. Military Mil-Spec 3443 standards. Use the 500® Persuader® at home and the Mariner® on the water - these guns are dependable and economical. Especially when you don't have to cover the added expense of chew toys.
Caliber/Gauge 12 GA. 3 INCH Specific Gauge 12 Chamber Inch 3 Finish Matte Blue Stock Adjustable Tactical Synthetic Barrel Length 18.5 Choke Cylinder Bore Capacity 5
- Category : Tactical Shotguns
- Action : Pump
- Gauge : 12 Gauge
- Barrel Length : 18.5"
- Capacity : 5+1
- Chamber : 3"
- OAL : 36.37"
- Weight : 6.75 lbs
- Stock Description : 6-Position Adjustable Synthetic Black
- Metal Finish : Black
I bought this shotgun in May 2013 and have taken it to the range at least a dozen times. It has always performed well with birdshot and buckshot without any trouble. The recoil is manageable to me but my wife won't shoot it anymore. It is a 12Ga afterall. The only thing I did to it was add a small picatinny rail that squeezes the tube at the end so I could mount a flashlight and that set up has proven to work great.
This shotgun is perfect for my home defense needs as well as hunting. Nice adjustable sights with the collapsible butt stock. Will shoot any shotgun ammo including rifled slugs with excellent accuracy out to 25 yards.
I wanted to get a shotgun that I didn't have to modify, and had sights that I were used to (i.e. M-16 style), and saw this 500SPX. With the telescopic stock and pistol grip, I was sold. This is pretty close to what I was used to shooting in the military, with the sights, grip, and butt stock, so it felt more comfortable and familiar the first time I took it to the range. 'Course the recoil from 00 buckshot is a LOT more than .223 rounds, lol! But the rear sight only needed a slight adjustment from the factory, then it was pretty much zeroed. This is a nice looking tactical shotgun, and will make a great addition to my home defense collection.
I bought my Mossy 500 spx in november 2012, and I LOVE it! I do not recommend any other gun in this price range. I have put slugs (pdx1 12), buckshot, wax slugs, and birdshot thru it, and it is so smooth with very little muzzle rise ( probably due to the barrel design and/or buttstock). I think you would be as ecstatic about this gun as i am.-Ryan Sheffield
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.