After the war the Sharps rifle was quickly and easily re-designed to fire cartridges. Sharps rifles were used by the American Rifle Team to win the first international long-range rifle match at Creedmore, New Jersey, and due to their consistent accuracy, were given the name “Old Reliable.” However, these long-range target rifles really came into their own when they became the favorite rifles of the professional buffalo hunters in the late 1870s and early 1880s. Outfitted with double set-triggers and Vernier tang sights, the heavy barreled Sharps were extremely accurate and could be employed at long range to take selected buffalo without spooking the herd. But, it was the fight at Adobe Walls in 1874 that made the Sharps rifle a legend. More than 700 Indian warriors attacked 30 buffalo hunters at the old Adobe Walls settlement in the Texas panhandle. Sharps rifles had extracted a punishing toll from the Comanche braves by the second day and the only Indians in sight were in a small group on a distant bluff. It was then that Billy Dixon took aim with his Sharps and rolled one of the braves from his saddle at, what legend has it, was a mile away. Chambered for the tried and true buffalo .45/70 cartridge, the Uberti Sharps is true to the original in both looks and long-range accuracy. There are six different models available from the top of the line “Long-Range Model” with a 34" half octagon barrel, deluxe Creedmore sight, globe front sight and fully adjustable double set-trigger, down to a Sharps hunting rifle with rear ladder sight. The vast buffalo herds may be gone, but when you pick up a Uberti Sharps, you’re holding history in your hands.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.