The venerable big-game-dropping performance of the 45-70 Govt. is now available in a compact gun that weighs only 7 lbs. It features an 18½" barrel and a straight-grip stock for fast pointing. For corrosion resistance, there´s our Model 1895GS with all major metal parts machined from stainless steel.
- Category : Rifles
- Action : Lever
- Caliber : 45-70 Government
- Barrel Length : 18.5"
- Capacity : 4+1
- Trigger : Single-Stage
- Safety : Hammer
- OAL : 37"
- Weight : 7 lbs
- Stock Description : Walnut
- Metal Finish : Stainless Steel
I have 2 of these. Loved mine so much, I now bought my son one. Bullets are not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Come in variety of loads. 300 grain are easy to shoot, and will toss a deer like a rag doll. 405 grain will make a bear poop his fur. Extremely accurate at 100 yards!!! I can't see further so it don't matter much.
I have had this gun for several years and re-loaded every type of ammunition for it, but the 350 grain is my favorite. The only complaint I ever had was the hand loop was too small for a normal sized guy. I got a large SS loop from Wild West Guns and it fit in perfect with just the littlest bit of fitting. Hope there won't be any more cut fingers from the large loads anymore.
This is the rifle everyone should have in their safe. Very accurate, and easy to shoot, even with the BIG 45/70 round. I added a leather stock cover, leather wrap, ghostring sights, and tooled leather sling. It's not only one of my best looking rifles, it's the one I ALWAYS grab to shoot or hunt, big game.
I haved owned 2 marlin 45-70s.I am well pleased with this gun.Its the perfect brush gun.Its accuracy is suitable for hunting with 5 shot groups averaging 3-4 inches at 100 yards with open sights,bench rested.I heard its capable of better grouping with a scope but,that defeats the purpose of a short barrel guide gun.At any rate its superior handling and light weight are much appreciated in the field.It truly is capable of taking any game animal in the world at close range.
Great gun, glad I added it to the collection; a lot of people are concerned over the Remington factory making these now versus the original Marlin plant ... but I have no complaints about the one we received from Impact Guns. Looks good, shoots great.
Just got this weapon and im in love! Super smooth delivery with any grain loads and accurate as your eyes are @ 150 to 200 yds.
I have been hunting with my 45-70 for 5 years now. I have shot every thing with it Elk, White tailed deer, Coyotes, Ect.. The gun has enough power to kill anything in North America! The short barrel makes it easy for brush country big game hunting but in the same breath, I have shot it up to 300yrds.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.