This popular pistol grip rifle has a laminated dark hardwood stock 6-shot capacity, adjustable rear and bead front sights, and the receiver is tapped for a scope mount. Also featuring a blued steel trigger and a blued steel barrel band.
A no-frills hunting machine, the Model 336W is chambered for 30-30 Win. and features a 20" Micro-Groove® barrel with adjustable rear and ramp with hood front sights. Plus, its receiver is drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Rifle is also available with a factory mounted and boresighted 3-9x32mm scope.
- Category : Rifles
- Action : Lever
- Caliber : 30-30 Winchester
- Barrel Length : 20.0"
- Capacity : 6+1
- Trigger : Single-Stage
- Safety : Hammer
- OAL : 38.25"
- Weight : 7 lbs
- Stock Description : Laminate Walnut
- Metal Finish : Blued
Take things in perspective. This is a inexpensive brush gun. Not a high dollar shooter, like many Winchester's and Henry's. Yes we can all agree that Remington hosed Marlin quality when they bought them out. I feel that the quality has gotten better in the last couple of years. This is a good deal on a working gun, something you are going to carry in the woods, not hang on your mantle. Does not have a high gloss shiny blue finish, it appears to be some kind of propitiatory dark parkerized finish. Found an advertisement that stated "The blued finish is protected by a tough Mar-Shield finish." A thread in THR said that it is a lacquer finish that is sprayed on Marlin rifles. I use Flitz Rifle/Gun Wax (same stuff I use on my blued revolvers) on my 336 and it still looks good. At 150 yards this is dead on. That is the longest shot I will be able to take in the country I am hunting in. Is the action smooth as butter? Nope, is it satisfactory for a hunting brush gun, absolutely. For a real sub $500 30-30 I would recommend this gun to a hunter. If your If instead you are looking for flash, try one of those shiny Henry's that are a scratch waiting to happen. If I scratch this rifle I wont cry.
I was debating between a .270 and the 30 30 because both are great guns. Do to ammo prices and gun prices I decided to go with the 30 30 and I am not disappointed. It's a great brush gun and I have killed 3 coyotes and 1 deer all of which were between 150-200 yards so not to bad.
While this rifle doesn't stand up to the high dollar competition. It shoots very straight and I haven't had any issue jamming. I believe the folks at Marlin addressed issues that had hurt the quality the last decade or so. Great gun at an affordable price. Purchased Dec 2013
The gentilmen that said a 30-30 was a good was right, but it isint good enough for anything in the lower 48 states a excelent brush gun but not good enough for the long shots in the bad lands of ND and MT.
And few years ago, Remington bought Marlin and moved production to NY. At first, the Marlins they built there were not so good. Well, they've got things straight now. What a nice rifle. The 336W looks much nicer now that it has a laminate stock. Built well, and shoots straight. Excellent value. Recommend highly!
This is my go to deer rifle no contest. It's fast, handy, and powerful enough to cleanly dispatch even the biggest bucks at reasonable ranges. These must be some of the reasons why the Marlin and Winchester .30-30's are the best selling deer rifles of all time.
Great little gun with plenty of punch. Just took a buck at 170 yards no problem. Loading gate is stiff but managable.
Owned a Marlin 35cal, 336 model back in the 1960s. Bought a new Marlin 30/30, 336W model this month. Same fine quality and weight. No phony plastics, etc.
Hey survivalists, forget those AR and AK variants. This is the rifle you want. It will last you a lifetime and powerful enough take down just about anything in the lower 48. And when Uncle Sam starts banning those "evil" assault rifles again this baby will fly under the radar. There isn't much this American classic can't do.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.