124 gr. FMJ-FN - (1,300 fps/M.E. 465 ft. lbs.)
20 Round Box
Our 9MM +P+ PENETRATOR 124gr. FMJ-FN has two basic purposes.
When I carry a defensive/offensive handgun, I consider that should I be required to shoot another human, if I don't kill him on the first couple shots, he will get behind cover. So, generally speaking, I will load two or three JHP cartridges to be fired first from my magazine, but all cartridges in the magazine after the first few, will be FMJ-FN so if my target is taking refuge behind a stick frame wall or a sofa or a car door, etc, I can shoot through his cover and kill him. JHP bullets may or may not penetrate various types of cover.
FMJ-FN bullet designs are great for woods carry where a person may need to shoot a bear or other wildlife that requires deep penetration. I often carry a 45 ACP pistol in the woods and when I do the entire magazine and chamber are loaded with FMJ-FN cartridges. Even though I may need my "woods" pistol to fend off a human attacker, I have no hesitation that good flat nosed FMJ style bullets (this includes hard cast bullets) are effective against humans, so I see no disadvantage in carrying non-expanding bullets in my defensive pistols.
Flat nosed non-expanding bullets crush their way through flesh and bone. This crushing action keeps them nose forward, so not only do they cause considerable damage, but they stay nose-forward and penetrate straight-line and by staying “straight”, they end up penetrating deep. On the other hand, round nose non-expanding bullets tend to slip and slide through tissues doing little damage along their path. This slipping through tissues also allows the bullet to get somewhat sideways as it penetrates. This causes the bullet to veer in directions other than perfectly forward and this sideways action, limits penetration in varying ways and can certainly destroy straight-line penetration. While it seems counter-intuitive, a bullet with a small flat (meplat) on the nose will not only do much more damage than a round nose bullet, but it will penetrate straight and therefore deeper.
Our new 9mm +P+ PENETRATOR FMJ-FN (item # 24F) is a load I came up with for my personal use and which I have carried for many years. I have just recently decided to introduce it to the public because of elevated demand for such a load. It is loaded with flash suppressed powders as are our other 9mm loads. As always, see the below real world velocities taken from my personal pistols, not laboratory test barrels.
- Category : Centerfire Handgun Rounds
- Caliber : 9mm Luger
- Bullet Type : Full Metal Jacket Flat Nose
- Bullet Weight : 124 GR
- Muzzle Energy : 465 ft lbs
- Muzzle Velocity : 1300 fps
- Rounds Per Box : 20
- Boxes Per Case : 12
- Application : Performance/Protection
- Casing Material : Brass
- Rating : +P+
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.