To complement their tactical mission we have given each blade a tough, black, Teflon® finish. Our testing has shown this coating offers three major advantages for tactical blades. First, it helps the blade to resist rust. Second, it eliminates glare and light reflections, which may give its user away. And third, it's a superior lubricant, which causes the blade to slip through even tough material with markedly less friction. This means you can cut deeper and far longer than with a non-Teflon® coated blade. To make the Recon 1® as easy to open and carry as possible we have equipped each knife with a thumb disc and small extra strong pocket clip. This clip is completely ambidextrous so lefties please take note. What's more its small size doesn't abrade or irritate the palm under protracted use.
Thin, light, sharp and incredibly tough, the Recon 1 is willing and able to aid you on your next mission!
Tanto point, 50/50 Serrated blade
Blade Length: 4"
Blade Thickness: 3.5 mm
Overall Length: 9 3/8"
Steel: Japanese Aus 8A Stainless w/ Black Teflon® Finish
Weight: 5.3 oz
Handle: 5 3/8" Long G-10
Pocket Clip: Stainless Pocket / Belt Clip
This is a very solid and well made knife. The blade remains sharp and the structure of the handles provide a good grip, even during wet conditions. Good balance and a nice looking design. Give it my strong recommendation!
I've carried this knife on me every day for over a year now and have not had any problems with it. It hold a very slim profile in my jeans front pocket and is no problem carrying around; even though it is still considered a large pocket knife to many. The locking mechanism is so sturdy, it feels like a fixed blade. Its razor sharp and holds its edge well. The black finish can scratch off with time, but hasn't bothered me. It has a great natural contour in your hand. I definitely recommend this knife.
This is the best tactical folding knife I've ever owned. I've had absolutely no problems with it after years of use. It always sharpens to razor-sharp and the locking mechanism is second to none. I get ZERO play in the blade or handle when locked open - even after years of use and no adjustments. As far as I can tell, it's just as strong as any fixed blade. This is one of Cold Steel's finest tactical folders and will last me the rest of my life.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.