This XM855 ammunition is also commonly known as "green tip" or "penetrator" ammo for the steel tip located at the front of the bullet. These "green tip" bullets are copper jacketed, lead core, with a steel tip at the front of the bullet.
Lake City is currently operated under contract by ATK (parent company of Federal, CCI, and Speer) who is allowed to sell excess production to the civilian market. This product is labeled as Federal ammunition who runs the Lake City plant.
This ammunition which is manufactured on the same production line that as the U.S. military's has a few differences than commercially manufactured 223 ammo. First, this ammo has both a primer sealant and a case/mouth sealant designed to help prevent moisture intrusion helping your ammo to last longer. Second, this ammunition must have the annealing marks left around the neck of the cartridge case. Brass cases are formed from a flat sheet of metal and are made through the cup and draw process. With each drawing step that the brass undergoes it becomes brittle and must be heat treated for it to become workable again for the next draw. After the last draw the brass runs across a series of flames aimed at the neck of the case to make the metal malleable. Evidence of this final annealing step at Lake City must be left on the cases so that military inspectors can verify that the cases have been properly annealed. So, the discoloration on the cases is simply a cosmetic appearance and is actually a sign that this final quality step was performed. In fact, Lake City brass is considered by many reloading experts to be the best brass in the world for reloading 5.56 ammo.
This ammo is brass-cased, boxer-primed, non-corrosive, and reloadable. For quality 5.56 ammo, it doesn't get any better than Lake City production!
|Bullet Weight||62 Grain|
|Bullet Type||Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)|
|Use Type||Range Training|
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.