(Rifle shown with some options that are not included.) Drawing on Barrett's experience designing long range rifles, the Model 98B's modular layout allows the end user to adapt the rifle to fit their exact needs. The straight-line design running from the muzzle to the shooter's shoulder tames felt recoil, making the Model 98B a pleasure to shoot. It also allows for faster, more accurate follow-up shots fed from the polymer 10-round detachable magazine.
The ergonomic pistol grip positions the shooter's hand in a natural position, reducing muscle fatigue and promoting the utmost control over the fully adjustable trigger. The familiar thumb-operated safety is accessible without compromising the firing grip, allowing the shooter to maintain a solid cheek-weld on the adjustable cheek piece while manipulating the oversized bolt handle, feeding a fresh round into the chamber as the bolt silently glides through a polymer guide.
Optics and accessories are easily mounted to the aluminum upper receiver, which boasts an 18 inch 1913 rail as standard equipment. All that ''real estate'' allows for substantial optics to be mounted in conjunction with a night sight or laser designator. For the rare application requiring additional mounting space, the optional receiver extension is available to extend the rail an additional 6 inches. The forward receiver is drilled and tapped for additional accessory rails to be mounted at the 3, 6, and 9 o''clock positions.
The fluted, match-grade barrel is easily accessed for cleaning from the chamber by breaking the rifle open much the same way as an M4 Carbine. Barrel cooling is aided by a series of vents machined into the upper receiver.
Equipped with a rear monopod and forward bipod, shooters find the Model 98B a pleasure to shoot. Mild felt recoil, a design conforming to the shooter, and easily manipulated controls help eliminate fatigue and promote accurate shots. Shooters who are intrigued by innovative design coupled with long range performance will appreciate the Model 98B. For extreme hunting, long-range target shooting, military or police applications, the Model 98B is ready for service right out of the box - which happens to be where Barrett engineers developed the design.
Environmental testing on the M98B is done to MIL SPEC 810-F. Rifles are taken down to -30° F for 24 hours and up to 150° F for 24 hours before being tested for function. Sand tests are also performed by simulating a sand/dust storm conditions and again performing a function test.
Barrett Model 98B Features
|SIDE ACCESSORY RAIL WITH SLING LOOP SOCKET|
|Two Sling Loops|
M98B Additional Features:
Pelican case and owner’s manual.
Barrett Model 98B Specifications
|MODEL: Model 98B||OVERALL LENGTH: 49.75” (126.36 cm)
|CALIBER: .338 Lapua Magnum||BARREL LENGTH: 27” (68.58 cm)|
|OPERATION: Bolt Action Repeater||RIFLING TWIST: 1 turn in 10” (25.4 cm)|
|RIFLE WEIGHT: 13.5 lbs. (6.12 kg)||MAGAZINE CAPACITY: 10 Rounds
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.