Technical Specifications: Ships direct to you, no federal firearms dealer required Caliber: .44 Barrel Length: 7.5 Inches No. of Grooves: 7 Twist: Left Total Length: 13.4 Inches Weight: 4.1 lbs Cylinder: 6 Shot, Engraved Grip: One-piece Walnut Finish: Frame- case hardened, Barrel- blued, Backstrap- blued (Whitneyville), Trigger Guard- brass
real nice shooter..just might give it a try at caribou hunting..has plenty of punch..close to a 44 mag. on power. i added rear sight to mine--just a little more easyer to shoot..on a scale of 1-5 ide say +5...! lots of fun to shoot and puts on a great show with plenty of smoke and a big boooom !
Square Back trigger guard or rounded trigger guard. Those are the only differences between the 2nd and 3rd model dragoons. Look closely at those trigger guards and figure out which one is more to your taste. Beyond that the Dragoons hold a tie in second place for hunting with a cap lock revolver. Holds twice the powder of a conventional sized cap lock (about 60 grains of powder) but still shoots the standard .454 cal round ball so there is plenty of punch. Another bonus to the dragoons is that instead of a bead front sight they put a nice low profile blade on the front. The sights on the 2nd model's I shot had there front sights made of brass, might need a little sight black for field work. They are a bit heavy but felt recoil is almost zip because of there weight. Accuracy is good though with cap lock pistols you really need to learn each one. No two shoot quite the same. Again like the Army and Navy model pistols the rear sight notch is cut into the top of the hammer which requires a little getting used to. The hammer needs to be thumbed back before you can pick up the sights. The loading lever is easy to use and the gun can be easily stripped to nothing to clean it which it will require. Black powder is dirty stuff. Getting a cap to seat well on the nipples requires some practice and a lot of pinching percussion caps. I love the cap locks and this is one of the best of the lot. If you are buying a cap lock for the first time I recommend getting more information since there are additional safety rules and considerations that do not apply to cartridge weapons.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.