Ships direct to you, no federal firearms dealer required
Barrel Length: 8 Inches
No. of Grooves: 7
Total Length: 13.6 Inches
Weight: 2.7 lbs
Cylinder: 6 Shot
Grip: Two-piece Walnut
Finish: Frame- blued or stainless, Barrel- blued or stainless, Backstrap- blued or stainless, Trigger Guard- brass
The Remington 1858 New Army was the first cap lock I owned. The legends say it was more accurate and durable than it's colt counterparts due to the top strap. The principle was sound but the practice has it's difficulties. I wanted to blame my pistol on the bad sights because I really like the pistol but mine sadly is just not accurate. I've shot several others that displayed much better accuracy than mine. I wish I can remember the source, but I was once told that these revolvers could be as much as a foot off from the factory. Despite my revolvers less than reliable accuracy it's only other problem is that after 12 shots or so the cylinder gums up with fouling. It gets stiff and near impossibly to thumb the hammer back cause the cylinder won't turn. This requires you to take the cylinder out so you can clean and oil the cylinder pin. Though with the Remington?s it's not such a hard task. The weapon is also a little back heavy, making it closer to the feel of modern revolvers for those looking for the old west with a more familiar feel. As for some of this old revolvers good side, The cylinder comes out quick and easy allowing you to just insert another loaded one and you are ready for round two. The frame is solid and thick all over and the barrel is solid to the frames with a long set of tight machine threads. It won't scoff at you if you drop it which makes it good for getting those tricks down pat. The actions is smooth and it's rate of miss fires is low. As long as you load it right it'll go off every time. With the addition of some target sights you might even get a few game animals out of it. I'm not getting rid of mine any time soon. If you plan to buy a cap lock I advise you look up more information about them since they have very different considerations and a few extra safety rules than cartridge weapons.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.