World Class Riflescope 4-16x40mm VitalZone 500 Reticle Matte Finish
SuperCon multi-layered coating on the objective and ocular lenses and fully coated optics. 100% waterproof, fogproof and shockproof. Built with Advanced Monotube Construction.
The Tasco Vital Zone ReticleThe Tasco Vital Zone Reticle (VZR) is a ballistically matched reticle to the following loads:
.243 dia. 243 Win, 95 gr. at 3100 fps.264 dia. 260 Remington, 120 gr. at 2950 fps.277 dia. 270 Win, 130 gr at 3150 fps.284 dia. 7mm Rem Mag, 150 gr. at 3110 fps.308 dia. 30-06 Spring, 150 gr. at 2910 fps.308 dia. 30-06 Spring, 165 gr. at 3000 fps.308 dia. 300 Win Mag, 180 gr. at 2960 fps.308 dia. 300 WSM, 165 gr. at 3100 fps.308 dia. 300 Wby Mag, 180 gr. at 3120 fps
How to Use the VZR Reticle:
1. Sight in at any power at a 100-yard zero.
2. Once you have achieved a 3-shot group at your zero the aiming points below the zero will correspond to 200, 300, 400 and 500 yds.
3. To utilize the aiming points the scope must be turned to the highest magnification in order for the ballistic spacing to work properly.
4. It is highly beneficial for the individual to spend time practicing at each of the prescribed distances before going to field. Barrel length, altitude, humidity, rifling twist and ammunition are allvariables that can affect the trajectory of a bullet. The reticle is only as good as the time spent practicing with it.
5. The lines extending from each aiming point are meant to be used to help in estimating wind deflection. This is another instance where practice is necessary to determine the deflection witha full value wind.