December 16, 2010
Wonderful gun with no problems. Only Failure to feed was with really cheap ammo (Same Ammo Caused Problems with other 1911's). Otherwise it functions perfectly.
Nick Johnson from
Kimber for life.,
November 28, 2010
I took this gun for a spin as a rental at our local-ish range. I liked it, and didn't.
I think I'll break this down into pros and cons for this review:
• I didn't even have to think about pulling the trigger. When it was time for the trigger to go, it was gone. No takeup (obviously) or anything made the shooting very undistracted.
• The front end snapped right back into place after recoil. I could get fast pairs out in no time.
• The beveled baseplate on the magazine made it infinitely better.
• The guys I shot with said it was "very accurate". I knew that was just because they kept screwing up their sight picture with bad trigger control, but this trigger circumvented their problem.
• The magazine refused to drop free. Had to run my secondary hand down the grip to snap on the beveled baseplate to force it out.
• The magazine size of 7+1 ruined it for me. I know that's how 1911s roll, but I wish they rolled bigger.
• The grip was narrower than doublestacked guns, so the fingers of my trigger hand wrapped farther around, and into the palm space of my second hand, which made for an awkward grip.
Best 1911 I Ever Owned!,
November 25, 2010
I have had three 1911's from different companies and so far, my Kimber Custom II is the best one I have ever owned. It is a super solid gun! This is Kimber's lower end model, which means it lacks all the bells and whistles of their more expensive models. For me this was what I wanted, so I could customize the grip, sights, trigger, hammer and so on to my liking. It was actually cheaper for me to customize it with top of the line parts than it was to buy the higher end Kimber 1911 model. I suggest you look do the same.
Kimber for ever!,
November 16, 2010
I have owned one for 6 years and I love it. I have put thousands of rounds through it without a problem. I would Highly recomend it!
Cedar City, UT
Kimber all the way!,
November 16, 2010
I love this gun. I have owned one for six years and have put thousands of rounds through it. It has been flawless. As everyone knows, 1911 hand guns like to run wet. As long as you do that it won't have a problem!
Cedar City, Utah