COLT COMPETITION RIFLES
Sporting Rifle .223 Remington/5.56x45mm 16 Inch Barrel M4-Carbine Style 6-Position Adjustable Stock Black 30 Round
Colt-Branded improved M4-carbine style 6-position adjustable stock with two sling-swivel attachment hard-points. Suitable ammunition: factory-loaded SAAMI-Spec .223 ammo and NATO-stamped 5.56x45mm ammo with 50 to 77 grain bullets. Gas-operated, original direct-impingement system.
One 30 round polymer magazine included.
Upper receiver: flat-top forged 7075-T6 alloy with 13-slot picatinny rail. Lower receiver: forged 7075-T6 alloy with integrally-forged over-size trigger guard. Colt-Branded standard charging handle. Colt Match-Target Trigger nickel-teflon coated, breaks at 6 pounds. Colt-Brand bolt and bolt carrier with standard buffer. Colt-Branded flash supressor/muzzle brake, barrel threaded: 1/2 inch diameter-28 TPI.
Colt-Branded match-grade barrel, 4140 chrome-moly steel, black-nitrided bore, chamber and exterior with 60-degree button-rifling, 6-groove, 1 turn in 8 inches, right hand twist. .223 Wylde match chamber. Carbine-length gas block location. Colt forged-steel low-profile gas block. Colt-Branded over-molded finger-groove grip with integral beavertail. Colt 12 inch modular float-tube handguard. One 3 inch/5-slot picatinny rail at 12 o'clock position.
If you could marry a competition rifle with a military rifle – the CSR-1516 would probably be its offspring! Introducing the CSR-1516. A sporting rifle that your friends are going to drool over (cleanup cloth optional).
This rifle has all the features and appointments that a competition rifle has… only it’s a sporting rifle. Really? You bet! How about a 13 slot Picatinny Rail on a slick side flat top receiver, or an integrally-forged enlarged trigger guard. Don’t forget other high-end features like a Nickel-Teflon coated Colt match-target trigger, or 16” 4140 Chrome-Moly steel air-gaged match-quality barrel and even a low profile gas block. And we didn’t forget that people don’t come “one size fits all”. Which is why we made sure that this little Colt has a six-position adjustable carbine stock in an improved M4 style. It may look like a cross between a military and competitive rifle, but we assure you – it’s a sporting rifle!
It’s time to get serious about your rifles.
Hand built in the United States.
- Colt-Branded Match-Grade 4140 Chrome-Moly Steel. Proof-Fired & Proof-Marked. Air-Gaged Bore & Chamber
- 6 groove Button-Rifling
- 1 in 8" R.H. twist Barrel Rifling optimized for 50 gr. to 77 gr. Bullets
- Chamber Accepts Factory-Loaded NATO-stamped 5.56x45mm Ammo & SAAMI Spec .223 Ammo
- 16", Mid-Weight Barrel, ~ 0.750" Diameter, Finished in Black Manganese Phosphate
- Muzzle Attachment is a Standard Flash Suppressor. Barrel Threaded 1/2" Dia. - 28 TPI
- Colt-Branded Adjustable Carbine Stock. 6-Position. Improved M4-Style. Two Sling-Swivel Attachment Hard-Points
- Pistol Grip is a Colt-Branded Finger-Groove Grip with Integral Beavertail. Rubber Over-Molded
- Colt Match-Target Trigger. Nickel-Teflon Coated. Breaks at ~6 lbs
- Bold Ideas Low Profile Gas Block, Machined from Solid Steel. Carbine-Length Port Location
- Standard Charging Handle
- Standard Bolt & Bolt Carrier. Military Diameter (~ 1.148" Dia.) Receiver Extension Tube ("Buffer Tube")
- Upper Receiver is Forged Alloy, with Fired-Case Deflector. 13-Slot Picatinny Rail on Slick-Side Flat-Top Receiver
- Lower Receiver is Forged Alloy, with Integrally-Forged Enlarged Trigger Guard
- 12" Float-Tube Handguard
- Top-Mounted 7-Slot Accessory Rail at 12 o'clock Position. Fits at 3, 6, 9 or 12 o'clock
- 1 Year Warranty
- Ships with a Colt Sporting Rifle Safety & Instruction Manual. Colt-Branded Safety Padlock. Chamber Plug