X-Bolt Hunter 300 WinMag 26" 3+1 Satin Walnut Stock Blue
Satin walnut checkered grip stock, matte blue barrel and action, detachable rotary magazine, short throw bolt, adjustable trigger, bolt-action
When the need calls for a hard-working, rugged and accurate high-powered rifle, the Browning X-Bolt Hunter is the only choice. Its low-luster finish on the solid steel receiver, barrel and Walnut prevents glare and reflection. It has the complete X-Bolt package: crisp Feather Trigger with no take-up or creep, preferred by experienced hunters, a center-fed Rotary magazine, X-Lock System and a soft Inflex recoil pad — every feature combines to make this X-Bolt rifle ideal for hunting deer and elk to varmints.
- A satin gloss finish provides protection and enhances the natural beauty of the hardwood.
- The high grade Walnut stock with detailed checkering provides classic good looks.
- Durable low-luster blued finish reduces reflective glare
- Button-rifled barrel is triple checked for quality and individually hand chambered and air gauged to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- The target Crown enables the uniform release of gas as the bullet exits the barrel, preventing a shift in trajectory. The Crown is recessed to protect it from accidental damage that degrades accuracy.
- Free floated barrel eliminates contact interference from the fore-end, enabling the superior barrel craftsmanship to perform consistently and accurately.
- Drilled and tapped for X-Lock scope mounts that use four screws for each base to provide a rock solid optic platform.
- Adjustable Feather Trigger minimizes the "human factor" by eliminating creep and take-up — providing a crisp trigger pull that "breaks like glass."
- Low profile action allows you to mount the scope extremely close to the center of the bore to minimize the offset between point of aim and Point of Impact.
- 60° bolt lift keeps the thumb and fingers clear of the scope when cycling the action and allows the bolt to be operated in a smoother/quicker motion.
- Top-tang safety offers easy accessibility without removing your firing hand from the stock. The shooter can quickly manipulate the safety, or verify the position of the safety, without losing your sight picture or cheek weld.
- Detachable Rotary magazine is built from tough polymer and is designed to stop forward movement of the cartridge by contacting the shoulder of the case rather than the tip of the projectile. This prevents bullet tip deformation and recoil induced bullet seating depth change.
- Bolt Unlock Button allows the bolt to be cycled with the safety engaged.
- Innovative Inflex Technology recoil pad uses directional deflection to pull the stock down and away from the face to reduce perceived recoil.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Some X-Bolt rifles are pictured with scope bases, rings and scopes mounted. This is for illustration purposes only. No actual models come with scopes, rings and bases unless specifically listed in the specifications for that model.
X-Bolt Feather Trigger™
For precise shooting in the field or off the bench, there's absolutely no substitute for a good, predictable trigger. The X-Bolt's new three-lever Feather Trigger provides a clean, crisp pull with no take-up or creep and minimal overtravel. The trigger is screw adjustable from 3 to 5 lbs. and factory pre-set at approximately 3 1/2 lbs. An alloy trigger housing contains the hard chromed steel components that are highly polished on all critical contact surfaces. Precise engagement angles mean the X-Bolt Feather Trigger feels light and right and stays that way through many thousands of rounds. Unlike competitors' triggers with secondary fingerpiece levers, the Feather Trigger is designed right, from the very start.
X-Lock™ Scope Mounting System
Securely mounted optics are essential for accuracy and precision on any rifle. To ensure the new X-Bolt has the most stable scope mounting system possible, the X-Lock mounts feature an all new four screw per base design that replaces the traditional two screw system. The benefits are obvious, with the bases being secured at all four corners, rather than only attached at the center of the base for more accurate placement on the receiver.
Bolt Unlock Button
The bolt unlock button works in conjunction with the top-tang safety to provide an added measure of safety during checking and unloading of the chamber. Conveniently located on top of the bolt lever, the bolt unlock button allows the bolt to be unlocked and opened with the safety in the on safe position. The safety blocks the trigger sear and features a firing pin block for added safety.
60° Bolt Lift
Short 60° bolt lift is fast cycling and allows you to work the bolt quickly without the scope getting in the way. The all new bolt is machined from a block of solid steel bar stock for strength and custom rifle precision. Three locking lugs provide exceptional bolt strength.
Inflex Technology Recoil Pad
Inflex Technology recoil pad is standard on every X-Bolt rifle. This ultra soft pad offers the best recoil absorption available on any rifle. The proprietary construction and material promote a directional deflection of recoil forces, pulling the stock comb away from your face to reduce felt recoil and muzzle climb.
An all new detachable rotary magazine is incorporated into the X-Bolt. Constructed from a durable lightweight polymer, the magazine is designed to feed cartridges directly in-line with the bolt, instead of offset as with traditional leaf-spring magazines, for a straight shot right into the chamber. An ergonomic magazine-mounted release lets the magazine rotate directly downward and into your hand. The magazine sits flush with the bottom of the rifle for a sleeker appearance. Additional magazines can be kept loaded and carried in your pocket or pack for easy access.
Accuracy and Barrel
A free-floating barrel is essential for utmost accuracy. The X-Bolt is free-floated by bedding the front and rear of the action for stability and to help maintain barrel to stock spacing for consistent accuracy. A recessed muzzle crown helps protect the rifling from damage. Barrels are triple checked for interior finish, straightness and air-gauged for uniformity.