Adcor Defense 'BEAR' Elite, AR15 Piston Carbine, 223, Optics Ready, Carbine Length Hand Guard
MANUFACTURER NO: 2012040E
ITEM #: 816310010987
More Items From: Adcor Defense
• The new top portion of the rifle includes a gas-driven piston incorporated into the upper half of the forward rail system. The system does not touch the barrel.
• The design of the gas piston system and operation rod completely eliminates carrier tilt.
• This design ensures reliability by preventing hot gases and carbon particulates from entering the receiver and fouling the chamber and the action. Diminished heat reaching the upper receiver means that Cleaner Lubricant and Preservative (“CLP”) applied in this area will evaporate at a lower rate and not dry out. The design allows less maintenance and increases the overall reliability of the weapon.
• A newly designed vent cover houses the piston exhaust ports, which protects the operator from exhaust heat and cuts down on the weapon’s signature.
• Mounting the piston on the underside of the rail system allows the barrel to float freely, ensuring greater accuracy of the weapon.
• The lower half of the rail system detaches with a unique tool free design for ready access to the piston and gas tube for operational maintenance and cleaning. The operating system can be cleaned faster than the existing weapon’s cleaning routine.
• The operator in the field can adjust the piston’s cyclical rate to keep the carbine operating within control rate of fire parameters, resulting in less wear on the carbine’s critical parts.
• The piston design is machined with close tolerances so that gas rings are not needed, eliminating another potential maintenance issue for the weapon.
• After a typical AR carbine fires, the weapon is susceptible to contaminants because the ejection port door remains open until it is manually closed. Dust, sand and debris can enter the receiver and work their way between the receiver and bolt, potentially jamming the carbine. These contaminants also create wear and maintenance issues.
• Adcor’s design solves this problem with a spring-loaded dust cover mounted on the carbine’s bolt carrier. Each time the weapon fires and the bolt carrier returns to the ready position, the dust cover moves into the ejection port opening, flush with the outside geometry of the carbine. No dust, sand or debris can enter the weapon.
• There is a biasing device, comprised of two springs, between the bolt carrier and the shield for biasing the shield outwardly away from the bolt carrier so that the dust cover shield continuously engages the inner surface of the receiver during movement in the firing and rearward positions.
• The shield is formed of a self-lubricating polymeric material that can withstand extreme heat and cold, and is extremely durable.
• Adcor’s design permits an operator to charge, clear or forward assist the weapon without losing any engagement with the target. The operator reaches forward and pulls back on a handle (which can be located on either side of the weapon for right or left handed operators) without losing sight of the target.
• If the carbine jams, the same handle clears the carbine with a single pull. It is an easy-to-use single mechanism.
• The handle is detachable (without tools) and is ambidextrous for use on either side of the weapon.
• It is equipped with a spring that returns the handle to a locked position once used, where the handle folds forward into a recessed area to keep it out of the way. To use the handle again, the operator reaches forward, swings the handle outward and back in a single motion.
• The handle does not reciprocate when the weapon fires, but only engages when the operator charges or clears the weapon.
• The new key locked, highly rigid rail system mounts seamlessly to the upper receiver.
• The upper rail guard and lower rail guard separate using a unique tool-less push button feature.
• The design ensures proper alignment of the rail with a redesigned boss, spline and groove system.
• The rail will not “spread” or fall out of time. The Adcor rail system is compatible with all accessory items such as optical sights, image intensification sights, thermal sights, laser targeting systems, bipods, tactical lights, Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES) of the existing AR platform.